Middle of May 2022 in County Dublin

Ireland is not the best place in Europe when it comes to a wide variety of different wildflowers but this is not synonym that here we don't an impressive and gorgeous flora, and I'm gonna show you with this post that I'm right!

Viola tricolor

Last weekend I spent around 45min in a walk in Dublin 3 and around 2h in the south area of Bull Island. Both places are part of County Dublin, Ireland. Now it comes the main question: how many native wildflowers did I recorded in less than 3h spent on my last weekend?

Are you ready to know them? You'll be impressed!

Number of Species found: 34

Families found: 17

I need to admit I didn't have time to record other species that I also found, so I truly believe I could easily reach 50 different species. I promise this weekend I will bring exciting new things!

Now you have no excuses to go to explore what is around in your city. Open your eyes very well, bring a lenses because lots of species are really tiny and lets investigate our beautiful Irish flora. 

Asteraceae

Pilosella officinarum

Boraginaceae

Myosotis ramosissima

Myosotis sylvatica

Brassicaceae

Cardamine pratensis

Caryophillaceae

Arenaria serpyllifolia

Cerastium fontanum

Euphorbiaceae

Euphorbia portlandica

Fabaceae

Anthyllis vulneraria

Lotus corniculatus

Medicago lupulina

Trifollium pratense

Trifolium repens

Vicia sativa subsp. segetalis

Vicia sepium

Geraniaceae

Erodium cicutarium

Erodium cicutarium

Geranium robertianum

Geranium pyrenaicum

Linaceae

Linum bienne

Onagraceae

Oenothera glazioviana

Orchidaceae

Dactylorhiza incarnata subsp. coccinea

Orobanchaceae

Euphrasia sp.

Plantaginaceae

Plantago coronopus

Plantago lanceolata

Primulaceae

Anagallis arvensis

Ranunculaceae

Ranunculus acris

Ranunculus bulbosus

Valerianaceae

Valerianella locusta var. dunensis

Veronicaceae

Veronica arvensis

Veronica chamedrys

Veronica persica

Veronica serpyllifolia

Violaceae

Viola canina

Viola canina

Viola tricolor subsp. curtisii

Viola tricolor subsp. tricolor


And some fauna was also recorded!

Polyommatus icarus

Linaria cannabina

Identification standing by

Motacilla alba

Anthocharis cardamines

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

Fauna Selvagem Irlandesa - Irish Wild Fauna

Devinska Kobyla - April 2022

Floração do género mentha